Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Lovin' La Volta

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

La Volta Ristorante Italiano

This restaurant is located in downtown Raleigh at 411 Fayetteville Street.

Knowing that the same owners of Vic's Restaurant was the same as La Volta's made me a little nervous about trying this place. But I sucked it up and dove right in.


La Volta is a cozy, romantic place that has lights hanging down from the ceilings and the lights dimmed low. They even had sculptures throughout the restaurant.

As my mother and I were seated, I opened there lunch menu and to my surprise, it was completely different from Vic's and I was overly excited because of all the options I had to choose from.

Not only did they offer more food, but their prices were incredible. Exactly in my poor college budget, this made me one happy girl!

For my meal, I started off with a side salad with their homemade balsamic vinaigrette and ended with the special of the day, Orcehiette pasta with sausage, broccoli, garlic and olive oil. And this time I did not feel like I was drinking the oil. Also, their noodles were homemade.



My meal was only $4.95. Now that is a special!

The sausage was a little plain, but the spices they had mixed in the broccoli brought out the flavors in both. It was a little salty with a hint of pepper, which I love.

As for my mother, she went with the Mediterranean salad with grilled shrimp on top. There were about five or six shrimps and she only had one. I devoured it. The best shrimp I have ever put into my mouth. It was so fresh tasting and the spices made it complete. Needless to say, she only got the veggies and spinach leafs.

This meal was only $5.75 for lunch. For dinner it was almost $7

The next time I go, I might just ask my waitress to bring out a plate of just the shrimp and I would more than satisfied. Just by writing this, I am drooling.

When I asked my mother what she thought about this place and their food she said, "Simply amazing. Their salads were fresh and had lots of flavor. Cheapest lunch date we've ever had along with great service. Most definitely blows Vic's right out of the water."
Read on as the search continues....

No comments:

Post a Comment