Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pizza Saves the Meal

Monday, February 20, 2012

Piccola Italia

I am now fifth week of my Italian food blog, and I started to run out of options for restaurants in downtown. Thankfully, my roommate Alexandria, told me about an Italian place in Cameron Village called Piccola Italia.

The restaurant is located at 423 Woodburn Rd.

After hearing about their great lunch menu from Alex, I thought it would be a great date night for my boyfriend, Daniel and I since the prices where cheap and stayed in our poor college budget.

As we are pulling in, I noticed the nice set up they had outside....


If it was not for the weather, I would have loved to sit and enjoy the fresh air.

Walking inside, It seemed cozy and romantic because they had the lights all around dimmed. The first thing I saw when we got to the hostess table was a sign that said, "After January, 2012, there will be a $5.00 charge if you use a debit/credit card." My only thought was, "This food better be worth it."

Once we were seated, we opened our menu and my jaws literally dropped. Since I love seafood in my pasta, I went straight to the Seafood Entrées and everything was around $20.00-22.00. My thought again, "This food better be worth it."


Since we are broke college students, I decided to stick with an original cheese pizza with bacon on top because even if we split, we would get another $5.00 charge to our bill ... ridiculous.
It was yummy. It was light on the sauce (which I loved), the cheese was stringy and the bacon was crispy.

As for Daniel’s meal, it was horrible.

It had no flavor or seasoning, the chicken was dry and the sauce tasted like it was something bought in the grocery store and out of the can and this meal was almost $18.00.

As for our service, the man was incredibly nice. He was very helpful and quick.

When I asked Daniel if he would ever come back or try something different, he said, "I would come back, but I would come during lunch hour and get something different besides pasta. Hopefully their lunch menu will be under $35.00."

As the search continues, I hope it stays within my budget and taste completely different from something I could make in my own kitchen.

No comments:

Post a Comment