Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Linguine or Pooguine?

Vic's Italian Restaurant

January 31, 2012

After eating that yummy meal at Gravy last week it was hard for me to decide which restaurant to choose next. I was suppose to be going to Caffe Luna but as I walked up I realized they were not open until 11:30 and since I had a class at 12:30, my mother insisted on Vic's Italian Restaurant. I was highly upset!

Vic's is located at 331 Blake Street, Raleigh North Carolina. I have never heard of this place before so I was a little worried about trying it. When we walked in the first thing I notice was the beautiful paintings on the wall. I honestly felt like I was having lunch on the streets of Italy.


What I loved most about these paintings were the colors and how they make the picture come alive.


For this one, I loved the view that it gave from the buildings and how peaceful the water is.

I love seafood. I think it is my weakness and it seems that even when I cook or go to restaurants, seafood must be the main ingredient. With that said, I decided to try the Linguine alla Mario which is a Linguine pasta with shrimp and broccoli smothered in garlic and olive oil sauce. Can we say yum?


Though it sounds and looks delicious, as I ate the noodles, all I could taste was the olive oil. I felt like I was drinking it right out of the drainer. Besides the noodles, the flavor of the garlic did not even exist and the shrimp was very plain and cold.

Disappointment was not even the word to describe how my food tasted and usually if I do not like something I will try and at least eat half of it but my stomach was just screaming "DO NOT DO IT!" So I listened.

As we finished our meal, I asked my mother what she thought about the restaurant and if she would come back and she said, "I enjoyed my meal and the environment made it feel cozy, but if you really want a nice Italian meal I would choose another location that has more to offer."

Walking out dissatisfied and a horrible stomach ache was not the answer I was looking for but searching for Italian restaurants obviously is a challenge. Hopefully the next one I try will be a winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment