Tuesday, April 10, 2012

The History on Italian Food

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I decided to write about the history of Italian food because I was getting a little irritated with trying new restaurants and wasting all my money on bad ones.

Over more than 2,000 years ago, Italy found its mark during the Roman Empire movement dating all the way back to the first century B.C.

What I found interesting in my research was that different regions had different styles of cooking and menus based upon the people living there.

For example, the coastal regions of Italy are all about the fish and seafood recipes (which I love, so of course this was very interesting to me). With Sicily, it is all about the spices and sweets of the pasta and noodles.

From an article I read, the author stated, “Italian cuisine is extremely diverse and rich which and that is why it is considered one of the most unique and amazing cuisines in the world."

Gorgeous picture on the water from Italy. Courtesy of Google.

Talking about all the different types of ingredients and regions of Italy, it makes me wish I could just pack my bags, get on a plane and take off and try all the different pastas.

At the bottom of this article, it gave different links about Italy and the Italian food and recipes, I clicked on pretty much all the cities and I wrote down half of their ingredients. Needless to say, I cannot wait to try them all!

As I start to wrap up my blogs for the semester, read on until next week and be informed about my favorite Italian and worst Italian food throughout this experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment