Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tuscan Blu, Gets A Bad Review

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Tuscan Blu

This Italian restaurant is located at 327 W Davie St Raleigh, NC in the backside of the building on a brick stone pathway.

From the outside looking in, Tuscan Blu looked like a cozy place to have a date night or a glass of wine or two. But my view of this place was all about to change.



As I walked in, instead of being greeted like a normal hostesses would do, the manager started snapping his fingers at me (while on his cell phone) and held up an employee application. I did not even know what to say, I just looked at him with my confused face and said the first thing on my mind, “Um, I just want a takeout menu…”

After all that was said and done, I ordered the lobster ravioli in cream fresh sauce with cherry tomatoes on top.


When I was leaving I asked the hostess if I could have a cup of ice water to go along with my meal, she said “of course” and walked back with a foam coffee cup half way filled up with no ice. Apparently getting a cup of water is also hard to do.

With all that behind me walking out of the door, I could not wait to try my pasta. I got back to William Peace and opened my to go tray and immediately smelled red pepper flakes and other spices mixed in.

I took my first bite and I felt my heart beat start to race and burn. I took my second bite and I could seriously hear my heart screaming “No more, no more!” And since my water had no ice and was lukewarm, it was impossible to stop the fire coming out of my mouth.

I did not take another bite, I wrapped it up and threw it right in the trash and did not even care that I wasted 9 dollars on this meal.

Disappointed is not even a word to describe this meal or my experience at Tuscan Blu. I would have much rather gone back to Vic’s and drank my oil with my pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment